With the introduction of privatisation, there has been considerable interest among foreign companies to invest in the power and water sector in Qatar. Qatar Electricity &Water Company and Qatar Petroleum has partnered with Marubeni Corporation and Jera Co. Inc. to form M Power.
QEWC is a Qatari shareholding company, 42.74 % of whose shares are owned by the government of Qatar with the remaining 57.26 % owned by companies and individuals. The company is considered one of the earliest private sector companies that operates in the field of power and water production in the entire region. QEWC owns and operates power generation and water desalination plants that utilise state of the art technology of the field. During the last decade QEWC has witnessed a rapid development in its activities and productivity. It has achieved positive financial indicators including large growth of its assets and in the nominal value of its shares in addition to the high profiles generated as well as the rising market value of its shares. Such indications are strong evidence on the company’s strength and stability . QEWC continues to carry out its mission in the field of energy in accordance with its policies of boosting the national economy through providing much needed power and water. QEWC owns the following station: Ras Abu Fontas (A), (B), (B1), (B2), (A1), Al-Sailiyah, Doha South and Dukhan Desalination plant. QEWC also owns shares in Ras Laffan Power Company (80%) and AES Ras Laffan operations Company (100%) (After the purchase agreement on April 24, 2010), Qatar Power Company (55%), Mesaieed Power Company (40%), and Ras Girtas Power Company (45%) and Umm Al Houl Power Company (60%) and Nebras Power Company (60%)
Marubeni Corporation (Marubeni), founded in May 1858, is one of the leading Japanese trading and investment houses, covering a wide range of businesses including power, food materials, food products, textiles, materials, pulp and paper, chemicals, energy, metals and mineral resources, transportation machinery and so on.
Power business is one of the core business of Marubeni. Marubeni has a significant track record of developing and operating IPPs and IWPPs all over the world. As at November 2016, Marubeni is involved in 67 I(W)PPs with 36,433 MW (gross) / 10,928 MW (net), including 13 I(W)PPs with 12,567 MW (gross) / 3,081 MW (net) in the Middle East and Africa region. Marubeni has also installed power plants with total gross capacity of more than 100GW globally.
Based on its accumulated and proven capability in both developing and operating power projects, Marubeni intends to improve contribution to reliable power generation to the State of Qatar.
Developing Qatar’s energy resources for the world. Qatar petroleum (QP) is a state-owned corporation established by Emiri Decree No 10 in 1974 .it is responsible for all phases of the oil and gas industry in Qatar
QP’s strategy of conducting hydrocarbon exploration and new projects is through Exploration Production sharing Agreements (EPSA) and Development and Production sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded with the major international oil and gas companies
The principle activities of Qatar petroleum and subsidiaries and joint ventures cover the exploration ,drilling and production operations, transport, storage, marketing and sale of crude oil, as well as natural gas, refined products, petrochemical ,aluminum and fertilize and providing helicopter services
The operations and activities of Qatar petroleum are conducted at various onshore location, including Dukhan and the Mesaieed and Ras Laffan Cities , as well as offshore areas, including Halul Island, offshore production stations, drilling platforms and the North Gas Field.
JERA Co., Inc. (JERA) is an energy company with global reach that has strength in the entire energy supply chain, from participation in LNG and other fuel resource projects and fuel procurement, through fuel transportation to power generation. Established in 2015 as the equal joint venture of two major Japanese electricity companies, Tokyo Electric Power Company and Chubu Electric Power Company, JERA’s mission is to supply power and energy on a globally competitive basis, by effectively developing and managing its portfolio of energy chain assets and continuously optimizing its business
JERA is involved in various overseas projects, with share in Ras Laffan B IWPP (Q Power), Mesaieed A IPP (MPCL), Ras Laffan C IWPP (Ras Girtas Power) and Facility D IWPP(Umm Al Houl Power) projects in Qatar, among others.
Utilizing its vast technical expertise, JERA seeks to contribute to the stable supply of electricity in state of Qatar.
Mesaieed Power Company Limited
Al-Emadi Financial Square, Office # 1 A,
Building #2, 2nd Floor,
C-Ring Road, Al-Muntazah Intersection (Signals)
Al-Hilal (W) – Doha Qatar
Phone : +974 446 78 251
Fax: +974 446 78 486
Email : [email protected]